If your Fitbit device isn’t syncing to Stridekick and you’ve already learned how to sync your Fitbit to Stridekick, please review these common issues to learn why your steps might not be syncing.
Problem 1: Your authorization token expired or was revoked from within the Fitbit app.
Solution: Reconnect your Fitbit device to generate a new authorization token to allow Stridekick to access your steps.
Problem 2: Your Fitbit app isn't uploading data to the cloud.
Solution: This problem is usually intermittent or could be a result of temporary issues on the Fitbit platform. Please navigate to fitbit.com (the website, not the app) and login. You should see steps populating there from your Fitbit. This is where Stridekick actually gets your steps from, not your device or the Fitbit app so we need to make sure everything matches. If steps don't show up here, we recommend reaching out to Fitbit support.
If steps do show here, we recommend users hard close their Fitbit app, open it back up, and try syncing again. Fitbit usually posts any issues it's having on this page: https://status.fitbit.com/
Problem 3: During the sign-up process, you accidentally created a new Fitbit account (instead of logging in to your existing Fitbit account) or connected to the wrong Fitbit account.
- First, confirm the email address that's connected to your Fitbit account where steps are showing: From your Fitbit app, tap the Today tab, then tap your profile picture. Scroll down to the Privacy and Security section, then tap Security and Login. View the email account you've connected to Fitbit next to "Change Email". From a web browser, login to Fitbit’s website and click the settings gear icon at the top right of your screen. Then, click settings again from the dropdown menu. View the email account you've connected to Fitbit under Personal Info.
- Once you've confirmed your email address, go to the Stridekick app or website and reconnect your Fitbit device. When you reconnect, be sure to use the email that's connected to your correct Fitbit account.
If you’re still seeing "Fitbit Unknown" as your device on your profile page in Stridekick, this usually indicates you’re still connected to the wrong account. Repeat steps 1-3 again and try any other Fitbit accounts you may have.
Check Your Time Zone Setting
If your time zone in Stridekick isn't correct, this could be causing your syncing issues. Double-check your time zone by following the steps below:
- From the dashboard, tap the 3 horizontal bars in the upper left corner
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down to the time zone field and tap to adjust if needed
- Click on your profile icon in the upper right corner
- Click Settings
- Scroll down to the time zone field and click to adjust if needed
Need More Help?
If you’ve confirmed you have steps coming into Fitbit’s cloud server, you’ve connected the correct Fitbit account, tried reconnecting and you’re still having trouble syncing, please reach out to our Support Team by clicking the orange chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.