Depending on the settings for your Team Leaderboard challenge , you may be able to create your own team.
If you do not see the option below to create a team, then this feature may be disabled for the challenge. In this case, you will just need to join an existing team that was created for you. Learn how to join a team here.
Note: This option is available through Stridekick's community challenges, not user created challenges.
Creating a team from your mobile dashboard
For instructions on how to join a team from the Stridekick website, please scroll to the bottom of this guide.
2. Locate your challenge and tap the Join or Create a team notification and then select the green Create Team option:
Note: If you don't see your challenge, scroll down to view additional challenges. If your challenge hasn't started yet, you should see it listed towards the bottom of your challenge list. If your challenge has started, it should be listed towards the top.
3. Choose a team name, upload a photo for your team, and select the green Create Team button to create your team:
4. All participants will now be able to see your new team in the list of all available teams. Your team assignment will also be displayed in your challenge card under the "Challenges" section in your dashboard:
To have fellow participants join the team you've created, they'll just need to follow this guide to join the team. They should be able to search by team name to join your new team!
Editing your team details from your mobile dashboard
Edit your team details by tapping on your team assignment from your challenge card to pull up the "Your challenge team" menu as shown below. Tap the blue View your team button > then tap Edit Team Details to access the option to edit your team's name:
Creating a team on the Stridekick website
2. Locate your challenge and click the Create a Team button. Then, click Upload a team photo to add a team photo, enter your team name, and then select the green Create team button:
Editing your team details on the Stridekick website
2. Select the Edit team details option underneath the team you created:
3. Make any edits to your team photo or team name and then click Save Edits
Depending on the settings determined by your admin, you may not be able to create a team or edit team details after a challenge starts. To be safe, it's best to always create or join a team before a challenge starts so you don't get locked out.
Contact our support team - we're always here to help!