GARMIN OUTAGE IMPACTING SYNC TO STRIDEKICK
On July 23, 2020, Garmin experienced a worldwide outage. As of August 3, 2020, syncing from Garmin accounts to Stridekick has not yet resumed. We are continuing to keep a close watch on the Garmin Connect status and will remove this notice once syncing has resumed. Learn more about the outage and what you can do to sync in the meantime here.
If your Garmin device isn’t syncing to Stridekick and you’ve already learned how to sync your Garmin to Stridekick, please review these common issues to learn why your steps might not be syncing.
It's my first day, and I see fewer steps than I should:
Garmin only allows Stridekick to get the steps from after you signed up with us (for example: if you signed up at 2pm, we can only get the steps you took after 2pm from Garmin). Usually, this is the cause of some step inaccuracies on the first day of syncing.
It's been a couple days, and my steps still aren't showing up:
- Make sure you have steps coming in at connect.garmin.com. If there are no steps there, then you may have connected the wrong account or your device doesn't collect steps. If your device collects steps and you believe you may have simply connected the wrong account, you can go to connect.garmin.com and click the profile icon at the top right of your screen. Then, click Account Settings > Account Information. The correct email should be listed at the top of the page. Reconnect your Garmin to Stridekick using this email to login to Garmin when prompted.
- Garmin's system only works with all-day trackers. If your device is not an all-day tracker then it might not integrate with the Garmin system we use.
Check Your Time Zone Setting
If your time zone in Stridekick isn't correct, this could be causing your syncing issues. Double-check your time zone by following the steps below:
- From the dashboard, tap the 3 horizontal bars in the upper left corner
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down to the time zone field and tap to adjust if needed
- Click on your profile icon in the upper right corner
- Click Settings
- Scroll down to the time zone field and click to adjust if needed
Need More Help?
If you’ve confirmed you have steps coming in at Garmin Connect’s website, you've connected Stridekick to the correct Garmin account, and you’re still having trouble syncing, please reach out to our Support Team by clicking the orange chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.